Friday, September 12, 2008

Cat and Mouse





The other day I noticed my cat (we call him Cat)outside concentrating on the grass, just staring at it. Ususally he doesn't focus like this... so I went to go see what Cat was doin.... and to my surprise there was a mouse (we'll call him Joe) just sitting in front of him! I think I could see poor Joe's heart beating a million miles a second. I was actually surprised Joe wasn't in Cats mouth. As I sat and watched Cat I realized he would sit and tease Joe for a little while then back up and ignore Joe. Joe would take this opportunity to run then Cat would go after him again! It was quite entertaining. I guess my cat does do more than just eat and sleep... who woulda thought eh.

5 comments:

Jo Ellen/Toots said...

We once owned a Doberman we called "Puppy"--because he was a puppy when we got him. And we had another great dog named "Big Dog"--you guessed it, because he was big. We're not too good at naming dogs.

Kara said...

Yea for blog updates!

Nick said...

So...uhh...just wondering how this story ends?

Lucy Fay said...

oh man nick! I was hoping no one would ask that. haha. Well ya see the end actually is kinda boring. When I was done watching Cat I got up to go back inside. As soon as I opened the door Cat zoomed right into the house sat next to his dry cat food and started meowing for that stuff. I was quite disappointed in Cat I wanted him to eat the mouse for lunch, not that I hate mice, I just don't like them in the house so it'd be nice to know Cat was helping with that issue. The End. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! My old cat used to do the exact same thing! Glad to hear mine's not the only one.
-Jonessa